John Pennock, son of Robert Pennock and Elizabeth Mead, was born in 1752 at, Egton, NRY and christened there on the 14th of June, 1752. He married Hannah Garbutt (christened 2 July 1761), on the 26th of March, 1789, at Egton. (She was the daughter of Richard Garbutt, miller at Egton Bridge, and his wife Ellis Chester. They were married at Egton on the 8th of June, 1755.)
John died on the 22nd of March, 1830, at Limber Hill and was buried on the 25th of March. 1930, at Egton. In the independent Bethesda Cemetery (Methodist), now disused, on his stone are the words: John Pennock.....died 22.3.1830....aged 77. He left a Will, dated 10 February, 1830. Hannah was buried on the 29th of September, 1834, at Egton, NRY.
John Pennock's grave - Egton Cemetery
The children of John and Hannah were:
1. Elizabeth Pennock, born in 1780 at Egton. She married Thomas Gatenby on 8 March, 1799, at Danby, NRY
2. Mary Pennock, born in 1781 at Egton. She married William Gatenby, (born about 1772, Egton) farmer, on 19th April, 1803, at Egton, NRY
3. Robert Pennock, born at Egton and christened on the 19th of January, 1783, at Glaisdale; buried 17th of June, 1866, Egton. He married Sarah Yeoman, 28 April, 1804, at Egton, NRY
4. Hannah (Ann) Pennock, born in 1785, Egton; christened the 12th of June, 1785, at Glaisdale; married Robert Yeoman on 6th of October, 1813, at Egton, NRY
5. John Pennock, born at Egton in 1786; christened the 18th of December, 1786, at Glaisdale; married Elizabeth Pearson on 17th of November, 1813, at Egton, NRY
6. Jonathan Pennock, born 1788, Limber Hill, Egton, NRY; christened the 2nd of August, 1788, at Egton, NRY. He married Hannah Stockton on 23rd of January, 1821, at Egton, NRY
7. Jane Pennock, born at Limber Hill, Egton, 1790; christened on the 23rd of May, 1790, at Egton, NRY. She died 15th of October, 1820. A grave at the Independent Bethesda Cemetery, Egton reads: Jane daughter of John and Hannah.....died 15.10.1820..aged 30, and Sarah Breckon. daughter....died 3.5.1819..aged 34.
8. William Pennock, born in 1792 at Limber Hill, Egton, NRY; christened on the 4th of May, 1792, at Egton; died at Limber Hill; buried on the 25th of May, 1792, at Egton, NRY
9. Ann Pennock, born in 1793 at Limber Hill; christened at Egton, 31th of March, 1793; married Richard Mead on the 13th of May, 1817, at Egton, NRY.
10. Thomas Pennock, born ca 1795 at Limber Hill; died 26th of February, 1870, at Gill Beck, Egton, NRY; married Maria Stockton on 7th of May, 1821 at Danby. She was born in 1805 and died on the 30th of September, 1888. On the independent Bethesda Cemetery (Methodist) at Egton, now disused, is the gravestone of Thomas - Thomas Pennock of Glaisdale.....died 25.2.1870....aged 75. His Will was proved at York on the 2nd of June in 1870.
Also in the above Methodist cemetery are: Isaac Stockton of Dunsley....died 3.8.1867....aged 68 and wife Jane....died 24.11.1887.....aged 73, and son John....died 5.1.1846 aged 2years and 10 months.
11. William Pennock, born at Limber Hill in 1796; christened on the 31st of July, 1796, at Egton, NRY; married (1) Elizabeth Cockerill on the 2nd of June, 1823, at Danby by Egton. She died on the 20th of December, 1835 and he remarried - Mary Saunders (in 1839).
12. Susannah Pennock, born in 1798, at Egton, NRY; christened 1st of March, 1798; married John Audus on 9th January, 1819, at Egton, NRY
13. Alice Pennock, born at Limber Hill, 1801; christened the 5th of September, 1801, at Egton, NRY; married Peter Park on 29th of December, 1825, at Egton, NRY
14. James Pennock, born in 1804 at Limber Hill; christened on the 20th of June, 1804, at Egton, NRY; buried the 23rd of June, 1804, at Egton, NRY
15. James Pennock, born in 1805, Limber Hill; christened the 24th of October, 1805, Egton, NRY; died at Limber Hill and buried on 10 December, 1886, Egton, NRY; he married Hannah Oxley on the 3rd of April, 1841, at Egton, NRY.
Pennock-related graves, Egton Cemetery (click)