Caleb Joseph Bradshaw was born at Ipsley, Redditch, Worcester, England, about 1861. He was the son of Joseph and Alice Bradshaw.
Between 1881 and 1885, he married Sarah Melvina Bennett (born in 1861, Dudley, Worcester). Caleb was a needle factory foreman, Redditch and surrounding area being a textile and clothing manufacturing area. 'Redditch' comes from the colour red in the water (dyes of the trade, etc.) and is related to the famous red coats of British soldiers.
Sarah's brothers were Richard and Frank. She is 54 (sic) in the 1901 Census - born Dudley, Worcester - residence: Administrative Council of Cumberland, Civil Parish of Rickergate. (In the 1881 Census, Melvena was living at home - U Female 20 Redditch, Worcester, England Needle Wrapper)
Caleb was 20 in the 1881 Worcester Census, living at Ipsley Street, Studley, Worcestireshire. In the 1901 Census, he is age 39, b. Redditch; residence: Redditch; occupation - foreman in needle factory.
The children of Caleb Bradshaw and Sarah (Bennett) Bradshaw were:
2. William Bradshaw - married Gretchen (Unknown); issue: Carl, Mary, Gillian. (He was older than Maud). The family lived in London, ON - 55 Evergreen Street, around 1916.
3. Hilda Bradshaw - married Henry Bull.
4. Minnie Bradshaw - married Frederick Bryan
5. Frederick Bradshaw - married Madge (Unknown - see photo this page, below), and subsequently Hilda (Unknown). Fred and Madge had a son, Frankie.
6. Norman Bradshaw - married Ethel Thornton
John or Edward Bradshaw, b. ca 1800 - married Mary (Unknown)
Joseph Bradshaw, b. 18 Feb. 1824 (christened 2 Feb.) - married Alice (Unknown)