Churston Ferrers Devon
Just west of Brixham, on the south side of Torbay, is Churston Ferrers. John Lamsede (Lambshead) - son of Thomas (b. 1577) and Unknown - was christened there on the 28th of October, 1612. He married Johan Harris on the 16th of November, 1643.
Their son, Richard Lambshead (Lamsed) was christened there on the 16th of November, 1647. He married Patience Hinchson on 2nd February, 1670, at Brixham. Their children were: John, Nicholas, Joane, Patience and Elizabeth.
The siblings of Richard - Elizabeth, Joane and Anne were also christened at Churston Ferrers, Devon.
CHURSTON-FERRERS, in the hundred of Haytor, and in the deanery of Ipplepen, lies on the Torbay coast, about a mile and a half from Brixham. The village of Galmton is in this parish.This place takes its name from the ancient family of Ferrers, to whom it some time belonged. It was afterwards, for many descents, the property and residence of the Yardes, whose heiress married the late Sir Francis Buller, Bart., late one of the Justices of the King's Bench. It is now held by the trustees of his grandson. The old mansion at Churston is or was lately occupied by the Honourable George Vernon, son of Lord Vernon. The offices have been fitted up as a farm-house for the tenant of the barton.
The manor of Greenway, which had been given by William the Conqueror to Walter de Douay, was for many descents in the family of Gilbert. Sir Humphrey Gilbert, the celebrated navigator, second son of Otho Gilbert, Esq., was a native of this place. Sir Henry's eldest son eventually inherited both Greenway and Compton Castle, the ancient seat of the family. This manor was afterwards in the Roopes. It is now the joint property of James Marwood Elton, Esq.; the trustees of the Buller family; and the representatives of the late Rev. George Taylor. Greenway-house is the seat of James Marwood Elton, Esq.
Churston-Ferrers is a daughter-church to Brixham, and served by the vicar of Brixham or his curate.