Francis Wilson (son of Thomas Wilson and Elizabeth Oxley) was born 20 April, 1766, Egton, North Riding of Yorkshire. He married Elizabeth Harland on the 12th of March, 1799, in Danby in Cleveland. Francis died 10 May, 1850, Egton Grange, and is buried in the Egton Cemetery. Elizabeth was born ca 1778, Hinderwell (St. Hilda's Well), Yorkshire. She died 13 June, 1853, in Egton and is buried at Egton Cemetery.
Francis farmed at Grange Farm, Howsyke (or Houlsyke) which was likely bought by his father, Thomas from the Cass family and which was originally being rented by James Featherston. (see below)
The Wilson family was living there at the time of the 1841 (Francis is 75, res. Egton - Elizabeth is aged 60) and 1851 Census, though the parents seem to have moved to Egton Grange, latterly.
The children of Francis Wilson and Elizabeth Harland were:
1. John Wilson - born 19 December, 1799 - Houlsyke, NRY; christened at Glaisdale, 8 February, 1800; died Ugthorpe Rails, NRY. He married Hannah Agar (born 1806, Egton), 30 October, 1826, Egton, NRY.
2. Francis Wilson - born 29 July, 1801, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 19 July, 1801 Danby in Cleveland; died 25 March, 1879. He married Sarah Agar - 29 December, 1831, in Egton, NRY.
3. Jane Wilson - born 26 January, 1803, Danby, NRY; christened 6 March, 1803, Danby. She married John Elders 27 December, 1825, Egton, NRY.
4. Mary Wilson - born 1 October, 1804 and died 8 April, 1871. She married William Pearson on 23 October, 1822, Egton, NRY.
5. William Wilson - born 9 February, 1806, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 7 March, 1806, Danby; died 3 January, 1896, Lealholm, NRY; buried 7 January, 1896, Glaisdale, NRY parish church cemetery. His wife (unknown) died in 1881.
6. Elizabeth Wilson - born 22 September, 1807, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 6 January, 1813 at Appleton-le-Street, NRY. She married Robert Langborne on 31st of March, 1828, Egton, NRY.
7. Sarah Wilson - born 19 July, 1809, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 4 August, 1809, Danby, NRY. She married John Harrison, 1845, Egton Bridge, NRY. (Egton Bridge Catholic Chapel - 1845 John H. s. James? Egton Sarah Wilson of Egton Grange)
8. Hannah Wilson - born 30 December, 1810, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 3 January, 1811, Danby, NRY. She married (Unknown) Daggit.
9. Joseph Wilson - born 25 December, 1812, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 26 January, 1813, Glaisdale, NRY; died 14 October, 1872, Egton, NRY. I don't know his wife's name. His daughter was Jane Wilson - died 12 February, 1868.
10. Christy Wilson - christened 7 February, 1815, Housyke, NRY.
11. Thomas Wilson - born 5 November, 1816, Danby; died 17 April, 1859 and was buried in Egton Cemetery. His wife's name was Mary and she died 28 December, 1898, Grostmont, Eskvalley, NRY.
12. Newark Wilson (through whom I am descended) - born 6 January, 1819, Houlsyke, NRY; christened 4 February, 1819, Glaisdale, NRY; died 14 May, 1880, Cowl House, Bransdale West; buried Cockayne (St. Nicholas church cemetery). He married Hannah Wood (born 2 March, 1819; christened 12 March 1819 - Glaisdale, NRY; died 11 November 1896, Bransdale West; buried St. Nicholas church, Cockayne, Bransdale head. They were married at St. Mary's parish church (which is situated on the hill right next to Whitby abbey).
13. Moses Wilson (twin) - born 27 January, 1821, Egton Grange, NRY; christened 27 January, 1821, Egton, NRY. A school master in Egton, he died in 1880. His wife Mary Ann died 12 April, 1876, Egton, NRY.
14. Aaron Wilson (twin) - born 27 January, 1821, Egton Grange, NRY; christened 27 January, 1821, Egton, NRY. He died in infancy on 19 May, 1821 and is buried in the Egton Cemetery.
Will Probation (names mentioned)
Thomas Wilson, Egton, Lyth. Yeoman, dated 24,3,1786, proved October 1795 (f.278); son John Wilson; son Francis Wilson (farm etc at Houlsike, Danby, purchased of Eustacy & William Cass in poss of James Featherston); wife Elizabeth, son Joseph, daughter Sarah, wife of John Chapman; wit: George Pearson, William Pearson, John Markgale.