Thomas Wilson was born in 1762 and lived in Egton in the North Riding of Yorkshire, England. He was christened at Egton - 21 November 1762.
He married Elizabeth Oxley (born 23 August, 1733, Egton) on 2 June, 1752, at Glaisdale, NRY. She was the daughter of John Oxley (born 1706, Egton) and Mary Pearson (born abt 1703, NRY).
As per the probation of his Will (see below, Thomas died in 1795, in Egton, NRY. Again noting his Will (farm, etc. at Holsike, Danby, purchased of Eusacy Cass & William Cass in poss of James Featherston),
it seems he purchased a farm - likely Grange Farm, rented at the time by James Featherston, latter farmed by his son Francis. My line comes through Francis and his son Newark. I visited the locale in April 2012 and the owners graciously showed me through the house.
The children of Thomas Wilson and Elizabeth Oxley.
1. Joseph Wilson - born 1 January, 1760, Egton, NRY
2. John Wilson - born in 1762, Egton, NRY. Wife's name unknown. They had a son, John Wilson.
3. Francis Wilson (through whom I descend) - born 20 April, 1766, Egton, NRY; died 10 May, 1850, Egton. He married Elizabeth Harland (born ca 1778).
4. Elizabeth Wilson ( - d 1770)
5. Sarah Wilson (dates unknown) who married John Chapman.
Will Probation (names mentioned)
Thomas Wilson, Egon, Lyth. Yeoman, dated 24,3,1786, proved October 1795 (f.278); son John Wilson; son Francis Wilson (farm etc at Houlsike, Danby, purchased of Eustacy & William Cass in poss of James Featherston); wife Elizabeth, son Joseph, daughter Sarah, wife of John Chapman; wit: George Pearson, William Pearson, John Markgale.
to Main Page