Henry Buckett born ca 1813
Henry Buckett, the son of Robert Buckett and Hannah Matthews, was born at Kingston, Portsmouth, Hampshire around 1813, or perhaps 1816. He owned or managed 'marine stores.'
He married Jane (Fanny) Hendy in 1834 at Calbourne, Isle of Wight.
He was 25 in the 1841 Census of Calbourne, IOW, while his address was 'Shalfleet.' In the 1851 Census they are living at 78 Newbridge, Shalfleet, IOW. In the 1871 Census he is as 'living on own,' both he and his wife being aged 58. In the 1881 their residence is 'Prospect,' Shalfleet, IOW.
Their children were:
1. George Buckett - born ca 1835, Calbourne, IOW; married Ann Brett 21 April, 1856, Newport, IOW
2. William Buckett - born 1841, Calbourne, IOW; died 6 September, 1894, Shalfleet; married Mary Brett (born ca 1841/2) on 13 September, 1862, Shalfleet, IOW
3. Jane Buckett - born ca 1850, Shalfleet, IOW
4. John Buckett - born Shalfleet, IOW
5. Robert Buckett - born abt 1853, Shalfleet, IOW; married Eva A. (Unknown) - born about 1852, Whippingham, IOW
The Buckett Family of the Isle of Wight