The 1881 UK Census shows him as being age 8, scholar, residing with his family at Nether Street, Widford, Herts.
At the time of his wedding his address was 20 Stonebridge Road, Tottenham. In the 1901 UK Census he is a 'builder's labourer' and is age 28, residing in Tottenham.
Frank King married Lilian Maria Austin (born 23 May, 1878, 187 High Holborn Street, London, UK) on 11the April, 1899, in Edmonton (London), England, the marriage taking place at (or perhaps simply registered at) the Register Officer, District of Edmonton, County of Middlesex. The witnesses to the marriage were Charles William Albert Austin and Monica Austin. (Lilian address at the time of the wedding was 93 Chesnut Road, Tottenham).
In a family-related Barnardo document of 1907, Frank King is said to be 32, a bricklayer (out of work), with three children, living with 'the paternal grandfather.' Actually they were living with James John Austin and Monica (Kelly) Austin - Lillian (Austin) King's parents - at 8 Bertram Road, Enfield (greater London).
The family left England on the 23rd of March, 1907 on the ship 'Dominion' - via Portland, Maine and then on to Halifax.
Frank King and family moved several times in Burlington. Frank worked for the Bell Family at their large orchard, east of Brant Street - across from what is now the Burlington Central Public School. Lilian was a laundress.
Frank King lost his leg in an accident at Bell's orchard when loading a trailor - as a large and heavy apple barrel rolled down and crushed his leg, necessitating its amputation. He died on the 22nd of March, 1926 and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Burlington, Ontario.
Frank King and Lilian Austin King had the following children:
1. Frank King - born 1900 - died 1901: in Tottenham (Greater London), England
2. Lilian Monica Pretoria King - born 27 March, 1901, 2 Perling Road, Tottenham, England - married (April 1961 or 62) to Horace Du Vernet (whose father was Anglican bishop in British Columbia. She died 18 May, 1983, Victoria, BC.
4. Alfred William King - born 19 December, 1904, Cheshunt, Herts - died 29 September, 1983, Detroit, Michigan; married 9 November 1945 to Bernadette (Unknown).
5. Florence King - born 1907, Oakville, ON - died Oakville, 1907 - buried in a cemetery on Third Line, Oakville, Ontario.
6. Charles William King - born 5 October, 1909, Oakville, ON - died 4 December, 1985, Burlington; buried in Halton Hills, Cemetery - married Beatrice Brown (died in Spring of 1998). Issue: Alan, Richard. Beatrice's 2nd husband: Al Fowler.
7. William King - born 28 October, 1910, Oakville, Ontario - died 15 May, 1898, Burlington, Ontario; spouse: Mary Smith; issue: William
8. Margaret King - born 4 March, 1912, Oakville, Ontario; married 31 March, 1932, Claude Green (1909 - 1959); issue: Donald Green (d. 1996, St. Albert, Alberta)
9. Irene Monica King - born 13 September, 1915, Burlington, Ontario - married in 1938 to Arthur Boyd (died at Huntsville, Ontario, 15 May, 1983); issue: Kennth, Sandra, Charles
10. Francis (Frank) Sydney King - married 6 June, 1921 to Mary Luella Farr (born 8 December, 1921, Welland, ON - died 16 May, 1989, Cobourg, ON); issue: Barry Franklyn King and Laura Ann King
Frank King (Sr.) died 22 March, 1926 in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, and is interred near the 'Sons of England' memorial, in Greenwood Cemetery, Burlington, Ontario.
Estimated birth year: abt 1873
Father's name: William
Mother's name: Ellen
Where born: Widford, Hertfordshire, England
Civil parish: Widford
Street address: Nether St Widford
Registration district: Ware
Sub-registration district: Stanstead
ED, institution, or vessel: 9
Household Members: Name Age
Ellen King 39
Ellen King 6
Fanny King 10
Frank King 8
Sarah King 3
William King 48
1891 England Census Record
Name: Frank King
Birth: year in Widford, Hertfordshire, , England
Residence: year in Widford, Hertfordshire, , England
1901 England Census Record
Name: Frank King
Children: Lilian M
Birth: year in Wilford, Hertfordshire, , England
Residence: year in Tottenham, Middlesex, , England